17.6 C
Saturday, September 30, 2023

Just in: AFC Leopards to boycott Vihiga Bullets match over unapid dues


Related stories

How I lost Sh700,000 in six days – Pensioner after week of partying

Tom Ikonya, 60, learned the hard way that women...

Tanzanian singer Mbosso opens up on heart disease that affects him

Tanzanian Bongo Flava artiste Mbosso has opened up about...

Rayvanny’s stint at Wasafi Records killed Yamoto Band – Aslay

Aslay, the former member of the renowned Yamoto Music...

Kenyan student stabbed by work colleagues in South Africa

Enock Wamare Hosea, a Kenyan businessman known by the...

AFC Leopards is facing a major crisis as its players have threatened to boycott their upcoming match against Vihiga Bullets in Mumias.

The players’ grievances stem from months of unpaid salaries, which have left them frustrated and disillusioned.

According to an anonymous player who spoke to Newsday Kenya, the club management has turned a deaf ear to their concerns.

The players claim they were promised 75% of their May salaries, with the remaining 25% expected to be cleared once funds are released by the sponsor next week.

However, they are adamant about receiving their full salaries before embarking on their journey to Kakamega.

‘The management’s refusal to honor our salaries has left us with no choice but to teach them a lesson they will never forget. We are fully aware of the challenging circumstances we face, with the exorbitant cost of living adding to our burdens. However, we are resolved to stand united and fight for our rights.” One of AFC Leopards’ determined defenders boldly told Newday kenya.

In a bold move, the players skipped training on Friday to protest the delayed salary payments.

This action caused disruption to the team’s preparations for the crucial match.

Initially scheduled to leave Nairobi for Kakamega at 8 am, the team found itself in disarray as the players failed to show up.

Consequently, the management has resorted to individual negotiations, urging the players to reconsider their stance and participate in the game.

Amidst the ongoing turmoil, there is speculation that the player boycott may be orchestrated by individuals who are approaching the end of their contracts.

It is alleged that these players fear not being offered new deals and are attempting to exert pressure on the club hierarchy through this go-slow tactic.


- Never miss a story with notifications

- Gain full access to our premium content

- Browse free from up to 5 devices at once

Latest stories

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.