Juja Town: The real estate industry has for a longtime maintained itself as the best option for long term investment and wealth creation. In Kenya today the real estate industry accounts for 8.3 per cent of the total Kenyan GDP has steadily grown from an urban focused industry to a major economy contributor.
Today we take an insight view in real estate investment and in particular investment in land for wage earners in Kenya. Buying land has been made easier in Kenya thanks to the rising competition and innovation in the industry companies like Lesedi developers as in our case study has created customized products for the average wage earner with a flexible payment plan of up to 6 installments over six months. When we talk of innovation in the industry the aspect of value added plots can’t be negligible. From our case study with Lesedi Developers we learnt that the market is now determined by consumer driven demands. Every buyer is not only looking for the most rational purchase but also one that will give them the best value for their money.
For the real estate developers amenities like piped water, electricity, roads and proximity to the highway have ceased to be luxury points of consideration. ” We all want a good home, in a good neighbourhood and with the best amenities ” said Mr. Geofrey – Founder and director of Lesedi Developers.
The Rise of Juja Town
For many investors, property investment in the satellite towns of Nairobi is a gold mine with a much higher return on investment and a quicker appreciation rate as compared to other top selling towns. Towns like Kitengela, Juja, Ruaka, Rongai have showcased the best of real estate value in Kenya today. However from the mentioned list above, Juja sets pace for the others as the most selling town for both single plots and large chunks of land. This is mainly because of the five points as mentioned below:
- The right valuation and affordable plots : Unlike most satellite towns of Nairobi whose plots of land are overvalued, land in Juja has been fairly valued with prices of similar neighbourhoods in close valuation range. This enables the buyer to make a rational decision and have less chances of paying more for less.
- Proximity to service hubs: With more service centers or malls coming up such as Juja City mall, Juja’s residents might not need to travel out of Juja Town or to Nairobi just in quest for basic services like banking, insurance, health, government among others. Juja Town is a complete mini city with schools such as Corner Brook International School and Juja preparatory school. Banks in Juja Town include, Equity Bank, Barclays Bank and Cooperative Bank. Hospitals in Juja town include, Aga Khan university hospital and JKUAT Hospital. The town also boasts of major supermarkets among other key service centers all in the proximity of not more than 2km
- Proximity to Nairobi: Juja town is approximately 25km from Nairobi. However with the presence of the Thika Super highway and the outer ring roads connection to Nairobi CBD or Mombasa Road will feel much less than 25km. This gives the buyer the opportunity to comfortably commute from home to work for those who work in Nairobi CBD or Westlands areas.
- Fresh water: If you are planning to drill bore-hole for your property in Juja you are just in luck. The entire Juja area to Thika has pure fresh water with the least alkaline levels. How relevant is this? If you are buying land so that you can set up rentals, a large majority of prospective tenants will always prefer homes with fresh water.
- Value added plots and developments: While studying the real estate trends in Juja Town, our writers had to visit one of the biggest developments in Juja. We visited the Adams Park Estate by Lesedi Developers, a 27 acre mega real estate project of controlled development for residential purpose. The estate will be divided into two phases, Phase I & Phase II where Phase I will be divided into eighths of an acre (50 X 100) and 40 X 80 plots with customers allowed to develop bungalows or mansionettes within their properties and phase II to be developed with 2 & 3 bedroom bungalows for sale, by Lesedi Developers Ltd. The project is located in Juja HighPoint, Next to Ndarugu Motel, touching the Thika Super Highway. The property will have roads, piped water and electricity all brought to each plot.
With the above points we found Juja Town to be the hottest selling real estate destination in Kenya today. For more information about what Juja has to offer feel free to contact Lesedi Developers the company that we interviewed to help us understand more about Juja Town. You can contact the Founder and director of Lesedi Developers Mr. Geofrey Kiragu on +254727629386