When it comes to cars, things as simple as opening a door or parking can be done incorrectly. But luckily, there are plenty of automobile hacks and tricks that everyone should know that can make auto care a lot easier on us.
We love helping people learn valuable life hacks, so we’re sharing some from the driver’s side! Don’t forget to check out our bonus that shows, even when you can’t exactly fix something the proper way, you can still do it the “fun” way.
1. Always use your right hand to open the driver’s door or your left hand to open the passenger door — this keeps you from opening it too suddenly.
5. Stickers can help block out the blinding sun, too!
7. With some hooks, you can always have paper towels on hand.
8. Keep emergency stuff like a glasscutter safely stored in your car, in case you ever need to cut yourself free.
9. During the winter months, keep your windshield wipers nice and toasty with some warm socks.
10. An old sock can also work wonders when cleaning your headlights.
12. Some PVC pipes are all you need to fix a broken air conditioner.
14. If a funnel is unavailable when your car needs oil, a piece of paper can work in a pinch.
17. When you have to wait in the car, the headrest can be converted into a pillow.
18. For long drives, a cushion and a yoga brick can save you from back pain.
19. Place a bottle cap in your cupholder, so that your drinks stay elevated… and so you’re less likely to accidentally pull off the lid.
Bonus: When your car gets a scratch or dent, get creative!